1-2 cups chopped baby spinach or lamb’s quarters (use 2 cups if not using parsley)
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced squash or sweet potato into half-moons
12 large free-range organic eggs
1/4 cup basil pesto, dairy-free
1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
1 cup chopped parsley
1 cup chopped green onion
¼ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
¼ cup sliced green or black olives
1 tbsp dulse flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line muffin tins or ramekins with unbleached parchment paper or silicone baking cups.
2. Layer squash and chopped spinach equally into the bottom of the 12 muffin tins.
3. Whisk eggs, salt, and pesto in a medium-sized bowl until well blended.
4. Pour mixture equally over the squash and spinach. Top with options and a sprinkle of extra salt if desired.
5. Cook for 35 minutes, or until eggs are set.
Makes 12 servings.
This recipe is from Julie Daniluk’s bestselling book, Hot Detox.