You can enjoy this sauce on chicken or any protein of choice. It also tastes great on grilled meat or poached fish.
7 cups fresh Italian parsley, loosely packed, stems removed
4 cloves garlic
3 tbsp lemon juice (increase to quarter cup for a salad dressing)
1 1/2 tsp pink rock or grey sea salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Place everything but oil in food processor. Puree until combined but still has a rough texture.
2. With the processor running, slowly drizzle in olive oil, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides.
3. Process until completely combined into a sauce consistency.
4. Place in a mason jar and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks
Makes 2 cups.
2 tbsp avocado oil
1 tsp unrefined sea salt
3 cups chopped onion
8 chicken thighs or breast, chopped into 2-inch cubes
1. In a large pot over medium heat, sauté́ oil, onion and salt until onions soften, about 3 minutes.
2. Add the chicken to the pot and cook for 15 minutes.
3. Place the chicken on a bed of cauliflower rice or cooked quinoa and top with a generous amount of Chimichurri Sauce and serve.