Who does not love a good gummy candy? This is a fun recipe to share around the office and school. I wanted to create a fun activity for my nephews and nieces so I made sure that the recipe only had a few ingredients and no added sugar. It was a smash hit and they did not even know that it sported lots of collagen to help them grow and recover from snowboarding. Kids love loading up the gummy moulds using a turkey baster but if you don’t have one, a small spoon will do.
2 cups unsweetened organic fruit juice
5 Tbsp unflavoured gelatine powder
1/4 tsp 100% monk fruit extract
pinch unrefined pink salt
1 tsp Beet Root Powder with 1 tsp lemon juice (for colour)
1/2 tsp pure vanilla or orange extract
1. Pour 1 cup of juice into a bowl. Sprinkle the gelatine over it and set aside to let it “bloom”.
2. Place the remaining juice in a saucepan over medium heat for 5-7 minutes until warm but not boiling.
3. Whisk warmed juice into the bloomed gelatine until dissolved.
4. Carefully pour the gummy liquid into the moulds or use a turkey baster for easier transfer. Place moulds into the refrigerator and chill for 2 hours or until fully set.
5. If using smaller or moulds with intricate designs, briefly plunge the bottom of the mould into warm water to make releasing the shapes easier.
6. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. If packing for a portable snack, include an icepack to keep them cool.
Reprinted from my new ebook Healing The Hormonal Heart. Purchase and download your copy here.