This recipe is a decadent low-carb breakfast that will impress the entire family. It is important to buy small eggs or you will have too much egg white. If you have to use medium eggs, you can just hollow out more avocado to make room. The toppings are salty and add a special sparkle to the dish but if you don’t have them on hand, you will love them anyway. Serve with a side of sautéed mushrooms at a brunch to become the host with the most!
2 ripe avocados, halved and pitted
4 small eggs
to taste pink rock or grey sea salt
1 tsp Italian seasoning
3 slices of organic turkey bacon (optional)
6 olives, chopped (optional)
1 tbsp dairy-free Parmesan cheese
freshly-chopped chives, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Cut the avocadoes in half, then scoop about 1 1/2 tablespoons worth of avocado out of each half. Set aside in a bowl to make guacamole later.
2. Place hollowed avocados in a baking dish.
3. Crack each small egg and open it over the hollowed-out avocado.
4. Season with pink salt and Italian seasoning and bake until whites are set and yolks are no longer runny. About 25 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook sugar-free turkey bacon until crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and slice into small strips
6. Top avocados with turkey bacon, olives (if using), dairy-free cheese, and chives before serving.