Have you ever watched an injury happen? It can feel like watching a slow-motion video. That’s what happened to our family while out at the cottage last summer.
We were all enjoying a fun summer splash with a rope swing when my husband, Alan, climbed up high into the tree and did a beautiful swing, leaping into the water.
My sister-in-law Deanna was up next. She was brave, so she climbed as high as Alan and launched herself off the branch. As the rope tightened, she fell 3 feet shy of the deep water and hit a rock hiding under shallows.
The rescue involved transferring her into a canoe and paddling her back to the main lodge where she was shipped off to the hospital with a broken heel.
Thank goodness she did not need surgery, but it got me thinking that I should write a blog about remedies for broken bones in case anyone you know has a summer misadventure.
After the break has been properly set by a doctor, consider these suggestions to promote rapid healing:
1. T-Relief Pain Ointment: As shown by scientifically validated clinical research, T-Relief Pain Ointment is a homeopathic preparation that relieves muscle and joint pain, as well as inflammation associated with injuries such as sprains and contusions. Traumeel S is available in a topical ointment or gel, oral tablets or drops, and drinkable ampoules to meet your individual preference.
2. BioSil™: Builds collagen in the bone so the calcium can attach better and fill in those empty spaces you see on the x-ray. BioSil “turns on” the body’s actual collagen-generating cells, known as fibroblasts. Because BioSil works through your body’s natural pathways, the collagen it generates has your DNA fingerprint. BioSil has been tested in rigorous double-blind placebo-controlled trials, which have consistently shown its safety and effectiveness for collagen regeneration and improved appearance of skin, hair and nails.
3. Spirulina: Spirulina could be called the “King of the Superfoods.” It has some of the most concentrated nutrients you can find per ounce than almost any other food on the planet. Click here for more information on Spirulina.
4. Eat foods naturally high in minerals: Use fresh and organic kale, collards, broccoli, chard, (all dark green leafy vegetables), parsley, nettle, etc. Consume daily, two to three times, if possible. Tahini (sesame paste) and sesame seeds are very high in calcium at 1200 mg a cup!
5. Eat more protein: Your bones need protein to regenerate. Add proteins to your diet, fish, nuts and seeds are all good sources. A pure Collagen Powder is very easy to take and gives you about 10g of highly absorbable protein per serving. I also recommend drinking bone broth, which is high in collagen. Click here for more information on bone broth.
Put some seaweed into your salad for an extra boost of bone-building nutrients!
6. Seaweeds: (kelp, alaria, hijiki, dulse) are excellent sources of trace minerals, essential in healing, as well as rejuvenating and extremely nourishing. Eat daily, either as a dried snack or in soups and hot drinks. Be careful of your source of seaweed.
7. Vitamin C: This vitamin is an important link in the formation of collagen. Adding more fruits and vegetables to your diet can fill this need.
8. Omega-3 + Vitamin D: Vitamin D aids in calcium absorption. The latest suggestions for vitamin D consumption have raised the minimum required dose from 2,000 to 4,000 daily. What most people don't realize is that Omega 3 is also an important nutrient for the regeneration of bone. Click here for more information on Omega 3.
9. Vitamin K: This important bone-building nutrient is found in leafy greens. Try this tasty Kale Chip recipe!
10. Homeopathic Symphytum: The homeopathic remedy Symphytum, or Comfrey, has been known for centuries as Bone Net. It has a remarkable ability to speed the healing of bones. Symphytum is a great remedy when the bone refuses to knit together and also if the pain remains long after the fracture is healed. Herbalists have long used comfrey. The roots and leaves contain Allantoin, used in wound healing. Studies show that doses of Symphytum 30c taken daily have sped up bone healing by one-third.
*Note: It is important that you have your break assessed and properly treated and set before using Symphytum or BioSil™.