Omega-3 free-range eggs are lower in pro-inflammatory arachidonic acid than are conventional eggs. This is good news for your adrenals because inflammation stimulates epinephrine release. Whole eggs also nourish your nervous system because they are high in brain-building inositol and choline. Healthy nerves keep you happy and stress-free. This frittata is packed with veggies to round this meal with fibre, minerals and vitamins, and phytonutrients. For example, leeks contain the stress-reducing bioflavonoid quercetin, while oregano is deliciously antimicrobial and artichokes gently sustain liver function. (1)
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
12 large omega-3 free-range eggs
2 tsp dairy-free pesto (try this recipe)
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp dried oregano (or 2 tsp fresh oregano)
1/2 tsp grey sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
1 large leek, finely chopped
1 400-mL can artichokes hearts (packed in water), drained
1 cup green beans, ends trimmed and cut in thirds
10 black olives, pitted and sliced*
*Cured w/ sea salt brine &/ extra virgin olive oil. Not canned or preserved in white vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F (175° C).
2. Grease a 10 x 14-inch casserole dish with the olive oil and set aside.
3. Whisk the eggs with salt and basil and pour into an oiled casserole dish.
4. Sprinkle the leeks, artichokes, zucchini or beans, and olives onto the egg mixture.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until eggs are set. Serve hot.
Makes 6 servings
Indulge in delicious, healing recipes and down-to-earth, easy-to-understand nutritional science. Go on, you deserve it!