Spice up your holidays with these all natural gingerbread cookies. I call these Genny’s Gingers because I created them for my ginger loving grandma, Geneva. She loved gingerbread cookies anytime of year but these are perfect for the holiday season.
1/2 cup almond butter*
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
2 cups almond meal (also known as almond flour)
1 tbsp ground flax meal
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
Optional Garnish: almond or macadamia nut pieces, fruit juice sweetened cranberries, currents or raisins.
*If you open the jar and the almond butter has separated, you’ll need to mix the oil back together with the almond butter and then measure
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and stir to thoroughly combine.
3. Roll the dough by hand and lightly press down into the desired shape.
4. Place the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden. The cookies will crisp as they cool.
6. Allow cookies to cool. They store well in an airtight container. Yields 24 cookies.