Goji Berries make a fantastic base for a warm, fall latte that is sure to please. Considered both a fruit and an herb, goji berries are very hearty as they grow in extremely harsh climates. They have become a popular “superfood” over the past few years due to their high nutrient content and antioxidant properties. Click here to learn more about the health benefits of goji berries.
3 tbsp goji berries (soaked in 1/2 cup water)
1/2 - 1 cup hot filtered water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp pie spice (blend of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger)
pinch turmeric powder
1 cup unsweetened, full-fat or light coconut milk
2 tsp raw honey
1. Soak goji berries for 30 minutes.
2. Heat coconut milk on the stovetop until warm.
3. Place soaked goji berries, hot water, vanilla and spices into a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds.
4. Add coconut milk to the blended berry mixture and blend for 1 minute on high.
5. Add raw honey at the end to preserve health benefits and blend for a few seconds to mix.
6. Pour into 2 mugs and enjoy!
Makes 2 1/2 cups.