This raw cherry ‘cheese’ cake is a delightful summer picnic idea! It can be topped with any type of fresh fruit or your favourite fruit sauce. It is refined sugar-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and packed full of flavour!
Most fruit cheesecakes are full of sugar, red dye and unhealthy fats. This recipe contains honey (a natural immune booster), coconut oil (a rich source of Medium Chain Triglycerides), and mineral-rich nuts. This triple power combination delivers sustained energy and nerve-supportive B-vitamins.
2 1/2 cups walnuts or pecans
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup if you want to make a vegan pie)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
4 cups cashews (soaked for at least 2 hours and drained)
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup coconut butter or oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cardamon
pinch sea salt
2 cups frozen cherries
2 tbs honey
2 fresh apple bananas, sliced
1/4 cup shredded coconut
2 guava, sliced
1/4 cup pineapple, thinly sliced
1. In a food processor with the S blade, pulse walnuts/or pecans, sea salt and cinnamon until the mixture is a fine crumble. Slowly add honey and mix. Stop once the mixture starts to form together. You do not want to overdo the processing or it will get too oily and create a nut butter.
2. Press the mixture into a 21-inch pie plate. Set aside while making the filling. You can also use 10 ramekins instead of a pie plate to make individual servings as featured in the top photo.
1. Cover cashews in water and let them sit for at least 2 hours. Drain the water off the cashews completely.
2. In a food processor mix all ingredients until creamy. This should be thick in consistency but smooth.
3. Pour mixture into the crust.
3. Let stand in a refrigerator for 4 hours or in the freezer for 2 hours to set.
4. Garnish with fruit prior to serving.
1. Place frozen cherries and honey in a saucepan on low heat. You do not need to cook this sauce, simply warm it up to allow the juice from the frozen cherries to mix well with the honey. You can use another type of sweetener such as maple syrup if you want a vegan pie.
Makes 10 servings. This pie freezes very well.
This cake is great with all sorts of toppings! Pick your favourite.