Salt reduces cortisol so don’t be surprised you are craving salty snacks. Let me show you some healthy sources of salt that will keep your salty snack cravings down!
Tuna salad mix:
1/4 cup sugar-free mayo (example)
2 celery stalks
1/2 cup dill pickles or olives, chopped
4 oz line-caught tuna, drained (example)
1-2 tsp mustard
1/4 cup purple onion, minced
salt, to taste
1 oz. shredded dairy-free cheese (example)
1/4 tsp paprika
5 oz leafy greens
grain-free bread or buns (example)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Mix the salad ingredients until well combined.
3. Place the bread slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Spread the tuna mix on top of the bread, sprinkle cheese on top of the salad mix, then top with paprika.
5. Bake in the oven until the cheese has melted, about 15 minutes.
6. Serve each open-faced sandwich with some leafy greens drizzled with olive oil.
Makes 4 open-faced sandwiches.