Heavenly Hemp Butter Cups Recipe (a nostalgic treat for every time of year!)
Oct 28, 2019
One of the most beloved kid's treats is peanut butter cups. With the ban on peanuts in schools, an entire generation of kids are missing out on this extraordinary comfort food. Isn't it great to know that Hemp Hearts can come to the rescue?
- 1 cup coconut oil, warmed
- 1/2 cup natural cocoa
- 1/3 cup coconut nectar
- 1/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup nut or seed butter (of choice)
- 1/3 cup pitted dates
- 1/3 cup Hemp Hearts
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
Directions to make 24 nut butter cups :
- Line up 24 paper or silicon mini muffin liners.
- Using your small food processor bowl, blend your coconut oil, cocoa and 1/3 cup of coconut nectar until smooth (stopping to scrape down the sides occasionally).
- Using a large food processor bowl, blend your pumpkin purée, nut or seed butter, dates, salt and 2 tbsp sweetener until smooth. If you experience the batter being too thick, add 1 tbsp of warm water and continue blending.
- Place 1/2 tbsp of your chocolate mixture in each muffin cup.
- Then layer 2 tsp of nut/seed butter mixture on top of the chocolate layer.
- Place another 1/2 tbsp of the chocolate mixture on top of the nut/seed layer.
- Sprinkle with a layer of hemp hearts
- Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Enjoy and store out of the freezer or fridge.
Join Hot Detox now!
Go on, get the life you deserve!
Indulge in delicious, healing recipes and down-to-earth, easy-to-understand nutritional science. Go on, you deserve it!